Thursday, October 13, 2011

All settled in. Mostly.

After months of moving from one location to another, including an obscene amount of international flights, I hadn't slept in the same bed for more than one week until last month, upon arriving in Baton Rouge. Even then, sleeping arrangements were temporary until our permanent bed (along with a truckload of stuff we forgot we owned) arrived last week.
Life's been in a state of flux for all that time. It's amazing how much your brain equates sleeping in one place to normalcy. However, now that my wife and I living with friends, now that we have the belongings we left behind, now that we have glimmers of gainful employment, life can start to feel normal again. Breathing is possible once more.

I still haven't seen nearly everyone I want to, I haven't been to all the places I've missed, I haven't eaten every dish I've craved and I haven't played every game I've remembered fondly, but you know what?

I've got time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment